TPCC gen secy Bhowmick resigns, to launch new party
Agartala: Tripura Pradesh Congress Committee (TPCC) general secretary Subal Bhowmick on Tuesday resigned from his post and announced he would launch a new party Tripura Pragatishil Gramin Congress (TPGC).
Bhowmick said he tendered his resignation to Congress president Sonia Gandhi yesterday alleging that there was no discipline in the party.
"The Congress High Command is a farce and its only duty is to change the TPCC President before the elections to lead the party to a debacle," he alleged.
A former Congress legislator, Bhowmik was defeated in the February 14 Assembly Elections in which Congress managed only 10 seats in the 60-member House, facilitating CPI-M-led Left Front to retain power for the seventh time with 50 seats.
Bhowmick said a convention of the grassroots workers would be held tomorrow here and then the new party launched.
He said the new party would launch movement against the "misrule" of the Left Front government with Trinamool Congress (TMC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars