TPCC gen secy Bhowmick resigns, to launch new party
Agartala: Tripura Pradesh Congress Committee (TPCC) general secretary Subal Bhowmick on Tuesday resigned from his post and announced he would launch a new party Tripura Pragatishil Gramin Congress (TPGC).
Bhowmick said he tendered his resignation to Congress president Sonia Gandhi yesterday alleging that there was no discipline in the party.
"The Congress High Command is a farce and its only duty is to change the TPCC President before the elections to lead the party to a debacle," he alleged.
A former Congress legislator, Bhowmik was defeated in the February 14 Assembly Elections in which Congress managed only 10 seats in the 60-member House, facilitating CPI-M-led Left Front to retain power for the seventh time with 50 seats.
Bhowmick said a convention of the grassroots workers would be held tomorrow here and then the new party launched.
He said the new party would launch movement against the "misrule" of the Left Front government with Trinamool Congress (TMC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29