Trade Unions strike: Normal life hit in Tripura
Agartala: Normal life was hit in Tripura in
response to the 24-hour general strike called by labour unions
with vehicles off the road and trains not operating.
Schools, colleges, banks and financial institutions were
closed and very thin attendance was recorded in the civil
secretariat here, official sources said.
However, flights operated normally at the Agartala
airport, the sources said.
DIG (Police Control) Nepal Das said no untoward incident
was reported from any part of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader