Trade Unions strike: Normal life hit in Tripura
Agartala: Normal life was hit in Tripura in
response to the 24-hour general strike called by labour unions
with vehicles off the road and trains not operating.
Schools, colleges, banks and financial institutions were
closed and very thin attendance was recorded in the civil
secretariat here, official sources said.
However, flights operated normally at the Agartala
airport, the sources said.
DIG (Police Control) Nepal Das said no untoward incident
was reported from any part of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani