Trade Unions strike: Normal life hit in Tripura
Agartala: Normal life was hit in Tripura in
response to the 24-hour general strike called by labour unions
with vehicles off the road and trains not operating.
Schools, colleges, banks and financial institutions were
closed and very thin attendance was recorded in the civil
secretariat here, official sources said.
However, flights operated normally at the Agartala
airport, the sources said.
DIG (Police Control) Nepal Das said no untoward incident
was reported from any part of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death