Traditional NE knowledge should be identified: Patil
Agartala: President Pratibha Patil on Saturday said that traditional knowledge of the North-East should be identified and documented for the benefit of future generations.
"The states of the North-East are known for their reservoirs of traditional knowledge in many areas. Efforts should be made to identify this knowledge, document it, conserve it and improve it," Patil said in her convocation address at the Tripura University here.
The President, who is also the Visitor of the University said, universities in the region could think of new manufacturing methods, product design and development to help
"Efforts can also be made to document these techniques so that traditional artisans can be helped in passing on this knowledge to future generation of craft-persons," she said.
Tourism also had a good potential in the state which required to be harnessed for economic development, she said. Tripura Governor D Y Patil, Chief Minister Manik
Sarkar, University Chancellor Amiya Kumar Bagchi and Vice-Chancellor Arunoday Saha also spoke on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest