Traditional NE knowledge should be identified: Patil
Agartala: President Pratibha Patil on Saturday said that traditional knowledge of the North-East should be identified and documented for the benefit of future generations.
"The states of the North-East are known for their reservoirs of traditional knowledge in many areas. Efforts should be made to identify this knowledge, document it, conserve it and improve it," Patil said in her convocation address at the Tripura University here.
The President, who is also the Visitor of the University said, universities in the region could think of new manufacturing methods, product design and development to help
"Efforts can also be made to document these techniques so that traditional artisans can be helped in passing on this knowledge to future generation of craft-persons," she said.
Tourism also had a good potential in the state which required to be harnessed for economic development, she said. Tripura Governor D Y Patil, Chief Minister Manik
Sarkar, University Chancellor Amiya Kumar Bagchi and Vice-Chancellor Arunoday Saha also spoke on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress