Traditional NE knowledge should be identified: Patil
Agartala: President Pratibha Patil on Saturday said that traditional knowledge of the North-East should be identified and documented for the benefit of future generations.
"The states of the North-East are known for their reservoirs of traditional knowledge in many areas. Efforts should be made to identify this knowledge, document it, conserve it and improve it," Patil said in her convocation address at the Tripura University here.
The President, who is also the Visitor of the University said, universities in the region could think of new manufacturing methods, product design and development to help
"Efforts can also be made to document these techniques so that traditional artisans can be helped in passing on this knowledge to future generation of craft-persons," she said.
Tourism also had a good potential in the state which required to be harnessed for economic development, she said. Tripura Governor D Y Patil, Chief Minister Manik
Sarkar, University Chancellor Amiya Kumar Bagchi and Vice-Chancellor Arunoday Saha also spoke on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter