Traffic police distributes Christmas cards with don`ts
Aizawl: In a novel way of creating awareness among both the drivers and passengers on road safety, Aizawl Traffic Police officials distributed Christmas Cards in which precautionary tips were printed.
The Traffic Police officials began distribution of Christmas Cards from yesterday and continued today with the target of distributing more than 6,000 cards to 750 maxi-cab drivers and passengers, the officials said.
Christmas Cards bore safety tips to avoid accidents for drivers and passengers, including dos and don`ts, the officials said, adding that both the drivers and passengers welcomed and appreciated the efforts of the traffic policemen.
Aizawl Traffic SP Lallianmawia said that vehicles were more likely to meet with accidents during the Christmas festivities as more people came to Aizawl for Christmas shopping and more people, even from outside the state travelled to spend Christmas in their native villages.
"Festive season also increased the risk of road mishaps as many drivers had the tendency to drink and got inebriated even while driving," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...