Trafficked girl rescued in Dimapur
Kohima: A ten-year-old girl who was sold
off as a domestic help by a Naga woman has been rescued by
members of a Dimapur-based NGO after three years of her
The girl, rescued from Zunheboto, was reunited with
her family in a village in Assam-Nagaland border on February 3
due to a great deal of effort from Nagaland Domestic Workers Movement (NDWM).
An FIR was also lodged against the woman at the Women
Cell of Dimapur police station, the police said.
The NDWM office bearers told newsmen at Dimapur that
the victim along with her elder sister were put to the custody
of a Naga woman in the town by their mother.
The woman, who sought custody of the two girls from
her mother to keep them as domestic help at her residence at
Dimapur, sold off the children to a family at Zunheboto in
July for Rs 10,000.
Finally, the mother of the victims approached the NDWM
for help in July last year and after a great deal of effort
younger daughter was brought back to Dimapur by the NGO
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'