Train derails in Assam, no casualty
Rangiya: Seven compartments of a passenger train derailed at a place between Helem and Nij Bogaon areas in Assam early Sunday, but there was no casualty.
Railway sources said the Murkongselek-Rangiya passenger train carrying 400 people derailed at 0347 hours.
The spot where the accident took place is under Rangiya division of North East Frontier Railway.
Railway officers have rushed to the spot, 70 km from here, to ascertain the cause of the mishap, the sources said.
The damaged tracks were being repaired, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country