Train derails in Assam, no casualty
Rangiya: Seven compartments of a passenger train derailed at a place between Helem and Nij Bogaon areas in Assam early Sunday, but there was no casualty.
Railway sources said the Murkongselek-Rangiya passenger train carrying 400 people derailed at 0347 hours.
The spot where the accident took place is under Rangiya division of North East Frontier Railway.
Railway officers have rushed to the spot, 70 km from here, to ascertain the cause of the mishap, the sources said.
The damaged tracks were being repaired, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof