Trains diverted due to restoration work on rail tr
Guwahati: Track restoration work following uprooting of trees and derailment of a train was going in Jalpaiguri district of West Bengal where a number of trains have been diverted today.
North East Frontier Railway spokesman S Hajong said trees had fallen on the tracks following heavy storm and incessant rains at Alipurduar division.
The engine and five coaches of the New Jalpaiguri-Alipurduar Passenger had derailed after the train hit the fallen trees last night at Madarihat, Hajong said.
There was no casualty.
Hajong said that several trains passing through the section have been diverted including Kanchan Kanya, Sikkim Mahananda Express, Kamakhya Puri Express, Kamakhya Danapur Capital Express, Dibrugarh Jhajha Express.
Several local trains have also been cancelled including Dhubri-Alipurudar Jn-New Jalpaiguri Intercity Express, New Jalpaiguri-Alipuruduar Jn Intercity Express, Bamanhat New Jalpaiguri passenger and Alipuruduar Jn-New Jalpaiguri Passenger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video