Trains diverted due to restoration work on rail tr
Guwahati: Track restoration work following uprooting of trees and derailment of a train was going in Jalpaiguri district of West Bengal where a number of trains have been diverted today.
North East Frontier Railway spokesman S Hajong said trees had fallen on the tracks following heavy storm and incessant rains at Alipurduar division.
The engine and five coaches of the New Jalpaiguri-Alipurduar Passenger had derailed after the train hit the fallen trees last night at Madarihat, Hajong said.
There was no casualty.
Hajong said that several trains passing through the section have been diverted including Kanchan Kanya, Sikkim Mahananda Express, Kamakhya Puri Express, Kamakhya Danapur Capital Express, Dibrugarh Jhajha Express.
Several local trains have also been cancelled including Dhubri-Alipurudar Jn-New Jalpaiguri Intercity Express, New Jalpaiguri-Alipuruduar Jn Intercity Express, Bamanhat New Jalpaiguri passenger and Alipuruduar Jn-New Jalpaiguri Passenger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September
- US says India has shown sustained commitment to non-proliferation
- Earthquake shakes southern Mexico, felt in capital
- Turkey mends fences with Israel and Russia in foreign policy reset