Trains diverted due to restoration work on rail tr
Guwahati: Track restoration work following uprooting of trees and derailment of a train was going in Jalpaiguri district of West Bengal where a number of trains have been diverted today.
North East Frontier Railway spokesman S Hajong said trees had fallen on the tracks following heavy storm and incessant rains at Alipurduar division.
The engine and five coaches of the New Jalpaiguri-Alipurduar Passenger had derailed after the train hit the fallen trees last night at Madarihat, Hajong said.
There was no casualty.
Hajong said that several trains passing through the section have been diverted including Kanchan Kanya, Sikkim Mahananda Express, Kamakhya Puri Express, Kamakhya Danapur Capital Express, Dibrugarh Jhajha Express.
Several local trains have also been cancelled including Dhubri-Alipurudar Jn-New Jalpaiguri Intercity Express, New Jalpaiguri-Alipuruduar Jn Intercity Express, Bamanhat New Jalpaiguri passenger and Alipuruduar Jn-New Jalpaiguri Passenger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past