Trains diverted due to restoration work on rail tr
Guwahati: Track restoration work following uprooting of trees and derailment of a train was going in Jalpaiguri district of West Bengal where a number of trains have been diverted today.
North East Frontier Railway spokesman S Hajong said trees had fallen on the tracks following heavy storm and incessant rains at Alipurduar division.
The engine and five coaches of the New Jalpaiguri-Alipurduar Passenger had derailed after the train hit the fallen trees last night at Madarihat, Hajong said.
There was no casualty.
Hajong said that several trains passing through the section have been diverted including Kanchan Kanya, Sikkim Mahananda Express, Kamakhya Puri Express, Kamakhya Danapur Capital Express, Dibrugarh Jhajha Express.
Several local trains have also been cancelled including Dhubri-Alipurudar Jn-New Jalpaiguri Intercity Express, New Jalpaiguri-Alipuruduar Jn Intercity Express, Bamanhat New Jalpaiguri passenger and Alipuruduar Jn-New Jalpaiguri Passenger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal