Trains diverted due to restoration work on rail tr
Guwahati: Track restoration work following uprooting of trees and derailment of a train was going in Jalpaiguri district of West Bengal where a number of trains have been diverted today.
North East Frontier Railway spokesman S Hajong said trees had fallen on the tracks following heavy storm and incessant rains at Alipurduar division.
The engine and five coaches of the New Jalpaiguri-Alipurduar Passenger had derailed after the train hit the fallen trees last night at Madarihat, Hajong said.
There was no casualty.
Hajong said that several trains passing through the section have been diverted including Kanchan Kanya, Sikkim Mahananda Express, Kamakhya Puri Express, Kamakhya Danapur Capital Express, Dibrugarh Jhajha Express.
Several local trains have also been cancelled including Dhubri-Alipurudar Jn-New Jalpaiguri Intercity Express, New Jalpaiguri-Alipuruduar Jn Intercity Express, Bamanhat New Jalpaiguri passenger and Alipuruduar Jn-New Jalpaiguri Passenger.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'