Tri-partite meeting on Assam accord held
Guwahati: A tri-partite meeting between
the Centre, Assam government and the All Assam Students Union
(AASU) was today held at the Assam administrative staff
college here to discuss about the Assam accord.
The meeting was participated by Joint Secretary in the
Union Home ministry Navin Verma, state government`s senior
officials Jishnu Baruah and P K Choudhury and AASU advisor Dr
Talking to reporters at the end of the meeting, Verma
said discussions were held threadbare on clauses six and seven
of the Assam accord on providing constitutional safeguards to
indigenous Assamese people.
He said vital discussions were held and further talks
will be held in the next phase.
The Assam accord was signed at the end of the bloody
anti-foreigners agitation spearheaded by the AASU in 1985.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach