Tri-partite meeting on Assam accord held
Guwahati: A tri-partite meeting between
the Centre, Assam government and the All Assam Students Union
(AASU) was today held at the Assam administrative staff
college here to discuss about the Assam accord.
The meeting was participated by Joint Secretary in the
Union Home ministry Navin Verma, state government`s senior
officials Jishnu Baruah and P K Choudhury and AASU advisor Dr
Talking to reporters at the end of the meeting, Verma
said discussions were held threadbare on clauses six and seven
of the Assam accord on providing constitutional safeguards to
indigenous Assamese people.
He said vital discussions were held and further talks
will be held in the next phase.
The Assam accord was signed at the end of the bloody
anti-foreigners agitation spearheaded by the AASU in 1985.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory