Tribute paid to Capt Kenguruse on Kargil Day
Kohima: Assam Rifles celebrated Kargil day
as "Vijay Divas" by paying tribute to Capt Neikezhakuo
Kenguruse, an Angami Naga youth who made the supreme sacrifice
during the Kargil war.
A solemn function was held at the martyr memorial at
Pheza Village near here which was chaired by Brig R Ravi,
commander 5 Sector, Assam Rifles and attended by rank and file
of the paramilitary force, family members of late Kenguruse,
village elders of Nerhema and neighbouring villages and school
Capt Kenguruse, who was commissioned into the Indian
Army in December 1998, was killed while destroying enemy
bunkers and killing four enemy soldiers on June 28, 1999
during the Kargil War in Drass sub-sector.
He was later awarded Mahavir Chakra.
Maj Gen Sandeep Singh, IGAR(N), on this occasion paid
salute to the martyr for exceptional act of bravery and also
conveyed his wishes to the family members of Capt Kenguruse,
an official release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical