Tribute paid to Capt Kenguruse on Kargil Day
Kohima: Assam Rifles celebrated Kargil day
as "Vijay Divas" by paying tribute to Capt Neikezhakuo
Kenguruse, an Angami Naga youth who made the supreme sacrifice
during the Kargil war.
A solemn function was held at the martyr memorial at
Pheza Village near here which was chaired by Brig R Ravi,
commander 5 Sector, Assam Rifles and attended by rank and file
of the paramilitary force, family members of late Kenguruse,
village elders of Nerhema and neighbouring villages and school
Capt Kenguruse, who was commissioned into the Indian
Army in December 1998, was killed while destroying enemy
bunkers and killing four enemy soldiers on June 28, 1999
during the Kargil War in Drass sub-sector.
He was later awarded Mahavir Chakra.
Maj Gen Sandeep Singh, IGAR(N), on this occasion paid
salute to the martyr for exceptional act of bravery and also
conveyed his wishes to the family members of Capt Kenguruse,
an official release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon