Trinamool Congress to contest all seats in Meghalaya Assembly polls
Shillong: Trinamool Congress (TC) would contest in all the 60 seats in Meghalaya assembly polls, party leaders said on Thursday.
"We will contest in all 60 seats in the state," TMC leader and former Railway Minister Mukul Roy told reporters here after a meeting with party leaders.
The TC has MLAs in other north eastern states like Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh and Assam besides UP.
Roy accompanied by former Lok Sabha M P Joichan Baxla and other party members met former state home minister and Congress leader R G Lyngdoh besides others as their scout for the leader continues.
As the assembly elections is drawing near, scheduled sometimes between February- March 2013, TC is still struggling to find reliable leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok