Trinamool Congress to contest all seats in Meghalaya Assembly polls
Shillong: Trinamool Congress (TC) would contest in all the 60 seats in Meghalaya assembly polls, party leaders said on Thursday.
"We will contest in all 60 seats in the state," TMC leader and former Railway Minister Mukul Roy told reporters here after a meeting with party leaders.
The TC has MLAs in other north eastern states like Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh and Assam besides UP.
Roy accompanied by former Lok Sabha M P Joichan Baxla and other party members met former state home minister and Congress leader R G Lyngdoh besides others as their scout for the leader continues.
As the assembly elections is drawing near, scheduled sometimes between February- March 2013, TC is still struggling to find reliable leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat