Trinamool Congress to contest all seats in Meghalaya Assembly polls
Shillong: Trinamool Congress (TC) would contest in all the 60 seats in Meghalaya assembly polls, party leaders said on Thursday.
"We will contest in all 60 seats in the state," TMC leader and former Railway Minister Mukul Roy told reporters here after a meeting with party leaders.
The TC has MLAs in other north eastern states like Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh and Assam besides UP.
Roy accompanied by former Lok Sabha M P Joichan Baxla and other party members met former state home minister and Congress leader R G Lyngdoh besides others as their scout for the leader continues.
As the assembly elections is drawing near, scheduled sometimes between February- March 2013, TC is still struggling to find reliable leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal