Trinamool eyes alliance with Cong in Tripura
Kolkata: After the tieup with Congress
led to the rout of the Left Front in West Bengal, Trinamool
Congress is ready to ally with the party in Tripura to oust
the LF from its only bastion in the country.
"We have an alliance with Congress in West Bengal
and sucessfuly fought the recent assembly elections together
against the Left Front," TC all India General Secretary Mukul
Roy told reporters here today.
Pointing out that assembly elections in Tripura were
due in February, 2013, Roy said "we are prepared to have a
similar arrangement with Congress in Tripura. Our main fight
is against CPI(M) and we want to oust it from power."
He said Trinamool Congress wanted have a broadbased
alliance and other like-minded parties were also welcome.
"We are in UPA. We already have a tieup with NCP,"
Roy, Minister of State for Shipping, said.
He said Trinamool Congress came to power in West
Bengal riding on the plank of change and development. "Similar
change is necessary in Tripura too.
"If development is possible in West Bengal under the
chief ministership of Mamata Banerjee, why not in Tripura?" he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Procedural delay and not failure, says MEA on India's NSG membership issue
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy