Trinamool eyes alliance with Cong in Tripura
Kolkata: After the tieup with Congress
led to the rout of the Left Front in West Bengal, Trinamool
Congress is ready to ally with the party in Tripura to oust
the LF from its only bastion in the country.
"We have an alliance with Congress in West Bengal
and sucessfuly fought the recent assembly elections together
against the Left Front," TC all India General Secretary Mukul
Roy told reporters here today.
Pointing out that assembly elections in Tripura were
due in February, 2013, Roy said "we are prepared to have a
similar arrangement with Congress in Tripura. Our main fight
is against CPI(M) and we want to oust it from power."
He said Trinamool Congress wanted have a broadbased
alliance and other like-minded parties were also welcome.
"We are in UPA. We already have a tieup with NCP,"
Roy, Minister of State for Shipping, said.
He said Trinamool Congress came to power in West
Bengal riding on the plank of change and development. "Similar
change is necessary in Tripura too.
"If development is possible in West Bengal under the
chief ministership of Mamata Banerjee, why not in Tripura?" he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’