Trinamool in Arunachal merged with PPA
Itanagar: In a severe blow to the Mamata Banerjee-led Trinamool Congress in Arunachal Pradesh ahead of the Panchayat polls due in May 16 next, its state unit with lone MLA Laeta Umbrey has merged with the People`s Party of Arunachal (PPA).
The merger took place yesterday, PPA Working Committee Chairman Kamen Ringu said here today.
"The Trinamool Congress was dissolved due to gross negligence of the party?s central high command to the state unit ever since its formation in Arunachal. This significant decision was taken by the executive body of state unit of the party here on April 9 last," its former president Toko Sheetal told reporters.
Earlier on October 8 last year, four TC legislators joined the Congress
The TC had made its entry into the state?s electoral politics in 2009 by winning five assembly seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians