Trinamool in Arunachal merged with PPA
Itanagar: In a severe blow to the Mamata Banerjee-led Trinamool Congress in Arunachal Pradesh ahead of the Panchayat polls due in May 16 next, its state unit with lone MLA Laeta Umbrey has merged with the People`s Party of Arunachal (PPA).
The merger took place yesterday, PPA Working Committee Chairman Kamen Ringu said here today.
"The Trinamool Congress was dissolved due to gross negligence of the party?s central high command to the state unit ever since its formation in Arunachal. This significant decision was taken by the executive body of state unit of the party here on April 9 last," its former president Toko Sheetal told reporters.
Earlier on October 8 last year, four TC legislators joined the Congress
The TC had made its entry into the state?s electoral politics in 2009 by winning five assembly seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam