Trinamool in Arunachal merged with PPA
Itanagar: In a severe blow to the Mamata Banerjee-led Trinamool Congress in Arunachal Pradesh ahead of the Panchayat polls due in May 16 next, its state unit with lone MLA Laeta Umbrey has merged with the People`s Party of Arunachal (PPA).
The merger took place yesterday, PPA Working Committee Chairman Kamen Ringu said here today.
"The Trinamool Congress was dissolved due to gross negligence of the party?s central high command to the state unit ever since its formation in Arunachal. This significant decision was taken by the executive body of state unit of the party here on April 9 last," its former president Toko Sheetal told reporters.
Earlier on October 8 last year, four TC legislators joined the Congress
The TC had made its entry into the state?s electoral politics in 2009 by winning five assembly seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley