Trinamool in Arunachal merged with PPA
Itanagar: In a severe blow to the Mamata Banerjee-led Trinamool Congress in Arunachal Pradesh ahead of the Panchayat polls due in May 16 next, its state unit with lone MLA Laeta Umbrey has merged with the People`s Party of Arunachal (PPA).
The merger took place yesterday, PPA Working Committee Chairman Kamen Ringu said here today.
"The Trinamool Congress was dissolved due to gross negligence of the party?s central high command to the state unit ever since its formation in Arunachal. This significant decision was taken by the executive body of state unit of the party here on April 9 last," its former president Toko Sheetal told reporters.
Earlier on October 8 last year, four TC legislators joined the Congress
The TC had made its entry into the state?s electoral politics in 2009 by winning five assembly seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list