Trinamool legislator announces cash reward for bomber
Imphal: A Trinamool Congress legislator in Manipur Monday announced a cash reward of Rs 1 lakh to anyone providing information leading to the arrest of terrorists behind the recent bomb blasts.
The announcement follows the Manipur Police`s failure to arrest the perpetrators involved in the series of blast in Imphal, the state capital during the last two months.
"I am announcing Rs.1 lakh to anyone who provides information leading to the capture of the perpetrators or to Manipur police personnel who can arrest the perpetrators," Kh Joykishan told.
At least 10 people have been killed in bomb blasts triggered by suspected rebels in the past two months. One blast at the Moirangkhom bus stand killed three people.
Terming the blasts as an "act of cowards who have no respect for the public", Joykishan demanded that the bombers be caught and punished.
Manipur Police say investigation is still on to know the identity of the bombers.
"There are several suspects but we are yet to come to a conclusion to identify the people behind these attacks," Manipur Police chief MK Das told.
Manipur is home to some 20 militant groups, with demands ranging from secession to greater autonomy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan