Tripura Assembly polls: Campaigning ends today
Agartala: Campaigning for the Tripura Assembly elections will come to an end Tuesday evening.
All major political parties have organised election rallies with their star campaigners.
Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, on his second day on the campaign trail, will address two public meetings in the state.
Finance Minister P Chidambaram is also scheduled to take part in the election campaign.
Earlier, terming the Left Front Government in the state as "anti- people", Rahul Gandhi urged people to oust CPI(M) in the February 14 state Assembly polls so that they could enjoy the benefit of good governance.
"There is an allegation against Congress that it has an understanding with CPI-M. But we have the understanding of uprooting the CPI-M from power and throwing them out. We have ousted them from Kerala and West Bengal and now time has come to throw them out of Hindusthan," he told an election rally in Agartala.
He further assured that all poll pledges of the Congress would be implemented so that poverty in the backward north eastern state is eradicated.
"One unemployed in each family would be given a job. Besides, the unemployed would be given subsistence allowance and like all other states, government employees would get a pay structure according to the recommendations of the sixth pay commission," he said.
Tripura goes to polls on February 14 to elect its 60-member assembly.
About 23.55 lakh voters are expected to exercise their franchise in the February 14 election. A total of 249 candidates are in the fray, including 14 women candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next