Tripura Assembly polls: Campaigning ends today
Agartala: Campaigning for the Tripura Assembly elections will come to an end Tuesday evening.
All major political parties have organised election rallies with their star campaigners.
Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, on his second day on the campaign trail, will address two public meetings in the state.
Finance Minister P Chidambaram is also scheduled to take part in the election campaign.
Earlier, terming the Left Front Government in the state as "anti- people", Rahul Gandhi urged people to oust CPI(M) in the February 14 state Assembly polls so that they could enjoy the benefit of good governance.
"There is an allegation against Congress that it has an understanding with CPI-M. But we have the understanding of uprooting the CPI-M from power and throwing them out. We have ousted them from Kerala and West Bengal and now time has come to throw them out of Hindusthan," he told an election rally in Agartala.
He further assured that all poll pledges of the Congress would be implemented so that poverty in the backward north eastern state is eradicated.
"One unemployed in each family would be given a job. Besides, the unemployed would be given subsistence allowance and like all other states, government employees would get a pay structure according to the recommendations of the sixth pay commission," he said.
Tripura goes to polls on February 14 to elect its 60-member assembly.
About 23.55 lakh voters are expected to exercise their franchise in the February 14 election. A total of 249 candidates are in the fray, including 14 women candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray