Tripura assembly suspended after obituary reference
Agartala: Tripura assembly was on Tuesday
suspended for the day after paying homage to MLA Sukumar
Burman who died on March 10.
At the beginning of the session, government Chief Whip
Samir Deb Sarkar said Burman was a sitting MLA and he died
following a cerebral stroke.
Leader of the Opposition, Ratan Lal Nath said that
after reading the obituary the session for the day might be
After the reading of the obituary and observing two
minutes silence, the session was suspended for a day.
Burman was a prominent leader of Schedule Caste
Community of ruling CPI-M who was elected in the assembly for
He died at G B hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond
- Narendra Modi government failed to create jobs, aid agriculture: Congress
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond says Judi Dench
- Give education, equality to girl child, urges Amitabh Bachchan