Tripura BJP to organise `long march` to Dhaka
Agartala: Protesting against the violence in Bangladesh over 1971 war crimes trial, the Tripura unit of BJP on Sunday announced to organise a "long march" to Dhaka on Monday.
"The Long March would begin from The Agartala Press Club at 12 PM and enter into Bangladesh territory through Akhaura check post here," President of the state unit Sudhindra Dasgupta said.
He alleged that activists of fundamentalist Jamat-e-Islami had let loose a reign of terror in the neighbouring country in the last few days of shut-downs, arson and violence.
A delegation from the "long march" would place demands for compensation to the affected families before the Bangladesh government, Dasgupta said.
He said the BJP had already drawn attention of the Centre to the plight of a section of citizens in Bangladesh in the wake of recent turmoil in the eastern neighbour over capital punishment handed down to the Islamist leaders accused of colluding with Pakistan and pro-Pakistan militias during the 1971 war of independence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!