Tripura CM attacks Cong-INPT combine
Agartala: Attacking the manifesto of the opposition Congress-Indigenous Nationalist Party of Tripura (INPT) combine as a `document of cheating`, Chief Minister Manik Sarkar today said that the ruling Left Front was confident of forming the seventh government in the state in the February 14 assembly elections.
"We do not have an iota of doubt that people will elect the Left Front government for the seventh time with more votes and more seats," Sarkar said at a Meet the Press organized by the Agartala Press Club here.
"The slogan for formation of the seventh Left Front government is the slogan of jubilant people. We are getting more support from the people," he said.
He said that the UPA government at the Centre in its poll pledge in 2009 had assured of giving jobs to 3.5 crore unemployed, but after coming to power started reducing jobs and even started instructing the state governments to stop employment.
To a question, Sarkar said that the opposition Congress has given a call for change of guard which, he claimed, would boomerang and the people would change the UPA government at the Centre in the 2014 parliamentary elections.
He said, "India today is facing the strong challenge of terrorism. We want to combat it jointly with the central government. But in such a situation, the opposition Congress in Tripura has forged an alliance with INPT, which is the overground mask of insurgents.
"With the deep support of the people we could crush the decades old insurgency. We have been awarded the President’s colours by the central government as a reward for containing insurgency," he said.
He said the people of the state wanted peace and tranquillity between tribals and non-tribals. PTI
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley