Tripura CM demands RBI branch in the state
Agartala: Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar
has demanded opening up of a branch of Reserve Bank branch in
the state and appealed to bankers for more investment in the
He made the appeal at a meeting of the State Level Bankers
Committee (SLBC) held at Civil secretariat here yesterday,
official sources said today.
The meeting was attended by the state Finance Minister
Badal Chowdhury, Officiating Chief Secretary, R K Vaish,
Regional Manager of Reserve Bank, Chairman of UBI and
representatives of different banks.
Sarkar appealed to the bankers to bring a balance between
Credit and Deposit ratio (CD),to invest more in agriculture
and industries and open more bank branches to help the rural
people, particularly to the Self Help Groups (SHG).
The Chief Minister said that last year in a meeting of the
SLBC, it was decided that the C D ratio would be made 40:60,
but till today it remained at the earlier ratio of 30:60.
He said there is an opportunity of more industries in
Tripura as the relation between Bangladesh was improving.
He said, without investment neither industries nor
agriculture can be improved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert