Tripura CM demands RBI branch in the state
Agartala: Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar
has demanded opening up of a branch of Reserve Bank branch in
the state and appealed to bankers for more investment in the
He made the appeal at a meeting of the State Level Bankers
Committee (SLBC) held at Civil secretariat here yesterday,
official sources said today.
The meeting was attended by the state Finance Minister
Badal Chowdhury, Officiating Chief Secretary, R K Vaish,
Regional Manager of Reserve Bank, Chairman of UBI and
representatives of different banks.
Sarkar appealed to the bankers to bring a balance between
Credit and Deposit ratio (CD),to invest more in agriculture
and industries and open more bank branches to help the rural
people, particularly to the Self Help Groups (SHG).
The Chief Minister said that last year in a meeting of the
SLBC, it was decided that the C D ratio would be made 40:60,
but till today it remained at the earlier ratio of 30:60.
He said there is an opportunity of more industries in
Tripura as the relation between Bangladesh was improving.
He said, without investment neither industries nor
agriculture can be improved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried