Tripura CM refuses to wear convocation gown, again
Agartala: Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar on Thursday again refused to wear the regulation gown at the
9th convocation of the Tripura University.
While Vice President Hamid Ansari, Bangladesh Prime
Minister Sheikh Hasina, Tripura Governor D Y Patil, Union
Human Resource Development Minister Kapil Sibal wore the gown,
Sarkar was in kurta-pajama.
"The chief minister refused to wear the convocation
gown," a university official said.
University Chancellor Amiya Kumar Bagchi, Vice
Chancellor Arunoday Saha also wore the regulation gown.
The leader of the opposition, Ratan Lal Nath
criticised Sarkar for not wearing the convocation gown.
In a statement, he said, the chief minister`s refusal
to wear convocation gown is "uncalled for and against the
tradition of the university".
Sarkar did not wear the gown during the 2010
convocation of the university.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police