Tripura Cong leader held for sheltering Bangladeshis
Agartala: A Congress leader was arrested in Tripura Saturday for sheltering an international terrorist and a smuggler, police said.
Congress leader Shah Alam had been absconding for the past 36 days before he was nabbed, police said.
"Since Sep 10, three people - an international terrorist, a notorious smuggler and a youth (all Bangladeshi nationals) - were arrested separately from Alam`s house in west Tripura," a police spokesman said.
Police refused to divulge any information about the international terrorist and smuggler arrested from Alam`s house.
According to police, Alam and another Indian national kidnapped Bangladeshi youth Yakub Ali, 23, a resident of Comilla district in Bangladesh, for ransom.
"Ali was found chained in a room of Alam`s house when police rescued him Sep 10," police said.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam