Tripura Cong leader held for sheltering Bangladeshis
Agartala: A Congress leader was arrested in Tripura Saturday for sheltering an international terrorist and a smuggler, police said.
Congress leader Shah Alam had been absconding for the past 36 days before he was nabbed, police said.
"Since Sep 10, three people - an international terrorist, a notorious smuggler and a youth (all Bangladeshi nationals) - were arrested separately from Alam`s house in west Tripura," a police spokesman said.
Police refused to divulge any information about the international terrorist and smuggler arrested from Alam`s house.
According to police, Alam and another Indian national kidnapped Bangladeshi youth Yakub Ali, 23, a resident of Comilla district in Bangladesh, for ransom.
"Ali was found chained in a room of Alam`s house when police rescued him Sep 10," police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India