Tripura employees to get paid paternity leave
Agartala: Would-be fathers, who are Tripura government employees, will now get seven days` paid paternity leave.
"To provide all kinds of support to their pregnant wives, all Tripura men employees will get seven days` paternity leave from now onwards," Chief Minister Manik Sarkar told reporters after a cabinet meeting on Tuesday.
The leave facility would be applicable for the empoyee`s first two children.
Earlier this year, the state government increased the paid maternity leave for pregnant working women from three to six months.
"To get fit with all physical conditions, including with nutritious strength, maternity leave had recently been increased from three months to six months for all working pregnant mothers in Tripura," Sarkar said.
The cabinet also decided to provide government jobs to 500 physically challenged educated youth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!