Tripura gets fast track courts for crime against women
Agartala: Two fast track courts have been formed by the Tripura High Court for speedy disposal of cases related to crime against women.
A notification issued by the High Court yesterday said the West Tripura Additional District and Session Judge Court and the first class judicial magistrate court in Agartala would now function as two separate fast track courts and all pending cases of crimes against women will be transferred to these two courts with immediate effect.
State Minister for Law and School Education Tapan Chakraborty said the fast track courts were set up by the HC following request from the state government.
He said the central government had instructed all the state governments to constitute fast track courts to deal with crime against women following the rape incident in Delhi on December 16, 2012.
Chief Minister Manik Sarkar, who also holds the home portfolio, had recently informed the state assembly that women police stations would be set up in all the districts and subdivisions gradually and strength of women police personnel would be increased to 20 percent from the current eight percent to give justice to women.
There is one women police station here and special women desks in all the 67 police stations in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 'Quantico' diva Priyanka Chopra misses mommy during shoots!- See pic
- No trace of missing IAF AN-32 plane as yet; Defence Minister undertakes aerial survey
- 'Dishoom' promotions: Catch Jacqueline Fernandez-John Abraham-Varun Dhawan on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Indian aid worker kidnapped in Afghanistan released
- Turkey will adhere to democratic principles, rule of law: Deputy PM