Tripura gets fast track courts for crime against women
Agartala: Two fast track courts have been formed by the Tripura High Court for speedy disposal of cases related to crime against women.
A notification issued by the High Court yesterday said the West Tripura Additional District and Session Judge Court and the first class judicial magistrate court in Agartala would now function as two separate fast track courts and all pending cases of crimes against women will be transferred to these two courts with immediate effect.
State Minister for Law and School Education Tapan Chakraborty said the fast track courts were set up by the HC following request from the state government.
He said the central government had instructed all the state governments to constitute fast track courts to deal with crime against women following the rape incident in Delhi on December 16, 2012.
Chief Minister Manik Sarkar, who also holds the home portfolio, had recently informed the state assembly that women police stations would be set up in all the districts and subdivisions gradually and strength of women police personnel would be increased to 20 percent from the current eight percent to give justice to women.
There is one women police station here and special women desks in all the 67 police stations in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' memories strike back!
- Australian man killed fighting against Islamic State terrorists in Syria
- Here’s how you can get picture-perfect smile – Check out quick tips
- Tamil Nadu fishermen venture into sea as 45-day fishing ban ends
- IPL 2016 final: Sachin Baby starts crying at non-striker's end with RCB needing 13 off last ball