Tripura govt not spending central funds: CWC
Agartala: The CPI-M led Left Front
Government in Tripura failed to spend central funds meant for
development, Congress Working Committee (CWC) member Luizenho
Faleiro alleged on Monday.
"Money being sent by the central government to the
state for development is not being used. It is a criminal
neglect on the part of the state government," Faleiro, party
in-charge of Tripura, said at a party meeting.
"The government has become bankrupt. The state coffers
are empty due to bad governance," Faleiro claimed.
When the national average of Below Poverty Line (BPL)
people was 37 per cent, it was 67 per cent in Tripura, he
While the number unemployed reached to 6 lakh from 3
lakh during the last 10 years, the law and order mechanism
collapsed in the state, he said.
Faleiro appealed to the party rank and file to
unitedly fight the misrule of the Left Front Government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal