Tripura govt not spending central funds: CWC
Agartala: The CPI-M led Left Front
Government in Tripura failed to spend central funds meant for
development, Congress Working Committee (CWC) member Luizenho
Faleiro alleged on Monday.
"Money being sent by the central government to the
state for development is not being used. It is a criminal
neglect on the part of the state government," Faleiro, party
in-charge of Tripura, said at a party meeting.
"The government has become bankrupt. The state coffers
are empty due to bad governance," Faleiro claimed.
When the national average of Below Poverty Line (BPL)
people was 37 per cent, it was 67 per cent in Tripura, he
While the number unemployed reached to 6 lakh from 3
lakh during the last 10 years, the law and order mechanism
collapsed in the state, he said.
Faleiro appealed to the party rank and file to
unitedly fight the misrule of the Left Front Government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video