Tripura govt orders magisterial inquiry into clash
Agartala: Tripura government on Saturday announced a magisterial inquiry into the clash between BSF and villagers at South Ramnagar near here in which two persons, including a BSF jawan, were killed and ten injured last night.
District Magistrate of West Tripura district, Abhishek Singh, who visited the scene today, said a magisterial level inquiry was ordered into the incident.
"Inquiry has already started and I am doing it. Result would be known after the inquiry is over. Stern action would be taken if any body is found guilty. No one would be spared," Singh told PTI.
Security was beefed up with the deployment of Tripura State Rifles (TSR) and security personnel were seen patrolling the area, located two km from here.
The clash broke out when the BSF personnel were chasing smugglers during a routine patrol in the area near the Indo-Bangla border last night, a BSF official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports