Tripura govt orders magisterial inquiry into clash
Agartala: Tripura government on Saturday announced a magisterial inquiry into the clash between BSF and villagers at South Ramnagar near here in which two persons, including a BSF jawan, were killed and ten injured last night.
District Magistrate of West Tripura district, Abhishek Singh, who visited the scene today, said a magisterial level inquiry was ordered into the incident.
"Inquiry has already started and I am doing it. Result would be known after the inquiry is over. Stern action would be taken if any body is found guilty. No one would be spared," Singh told PTI.
Security was beefed up with the deployment of Tripura State Rifles (TSR) and security personnel were seen patrolling the area, located two km from here.
The clash broke out when the BSF personnel were chasing smugglers during a routine patrol in the area near the Indo-Bangla border last night, a BSF official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh became Gabbar and taxi driver
- First Talgo train trial on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route on May 29
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against AAP, BJP over Delhi power crisis
- Uttarakhand Board Class 12th Examination Results 2016: (uaresults.nic.in) Uttarakhand Board (UK) Class 12th Results 2016, Uttarakhand Class 12 Results 2016 to be declared today
- There was no intention to show disrespect to Stalin or DMK, clarifies Jayalalithaa