Tripura High Court inaugurated
Agartala: The Tripura High Court was inaugurated by Chief Justice of India Altamas Kabir here today.
Kabir said in his inaugural speech that common people who have no knowledge of law or live in poverty should get justice and with this objective legal aid centres are being set up in every district of the country.
Tripura Chief Justice Deepak Gupta said the new high court would fulfill the needs of the people.
Chief Minister Manik Sarkar, who presided over the function, said the day was "historic" for the state as the long-cherished demands of the people have been fulfilled with the inauguration of the High Court.
Former judge of Himachal Pradesh High Court Deepak Gupta was administered the oath of office on March 23 by the then Governor D Y Patil at the Rajbhavan here.
On the same day Gauhati High Court judge U B Saha took over as judge of Tripura High Court. Two other additional judges of Gauhati High Court S C Das and S Talapatra have taken the oath of office as additional judges of Tripura High Court.
At present, there are four judges in the High Court of Tripura. Earlier, Tripura had an Agartala bench of Gauhati High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- FIFA seeks ban for Qatar, Asian FC officials for refusing to cooperate with inquiry
- RBI wants to liberalise while strengthening bond markets: Raghuram Rajan
- After Rio Olympics failure, Tintu Luka's uncle blames coach PT Usha for below-par training
- Narsingh Yadav would have won the silver, claims WFI official
- PM Modi, Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states on Saturday