Tripura High Court inaugurated
Agartala: The Tripura High Court was inaugurated by Chief Justice of India Altamas Kabir here today.
Kabir said in his inaugural speech that common people who have no knowledge of law or live in poverty should get justice and with this objective legal aid centres are being set up in every district of the country.
Tripura Chief Justice Deepak Gupta said the new high court would fulfill the needs of the people.
Chief Minister Manik Sarkar, who presided over the function, said the day was "historic" for the state as the long-cherished demands of the people have been fulfilled with the inauguration of the High Court.
Former judge of Himachal Pradesh High Court Deepak Gupta was administered the oath of office on March 23 by the then Governor D Y Patil at the Rajbhavan here.
On the same day Gauhati High Court judge U B Saha took over as judge of Tripura High Court. Two other additional judges of Gauhati High Court S C Das and S Talapatra have taken the oath of office as additional judges of Tripura High Court.
At present, there are four judges in the High Court of Tripura. Earlier, Tripura had an Agartala bench of Gauhati High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says