Tripura High Court inaugurated
Agartala: The Tripura High Court was inaugurated by Chief Justice of India Altamas Kabir here today.
Kabir said in his inaugural speech that common people who have no knowledge of law or live in poverty should get justice and with this objective legal aid centres are being set up in every district of the country.
Tripura Chief Justice Deepak Gupta said the new high court would fulfill the needs of the people.
Chief Minister Manik Sarkar, who presided over the function, said the day was "historic" for the state as the long-cherished demands of the people have been fulfilled with the inauguration of the High Court.
Former judge of Himachal Pradesh High Court Deepak Gupta was administered the oath of office on March 23 by the then Governor D Y Patil at the Rajbhavan here.
On the same day Gauhati High Court judge U B Saha took over as judge of Tripura High Court. Two other additional judges of Gauhati High Court S C Das and S Talapatra have taken the oath of office as additional judges of Tripura High Court.
At present, there are four judges in the High Court of Tripura. Earlier, Tripura had an Agartala bench of Gauhati High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- AAP bats for 'Annual Statewide Corruption Index' to curb graft
- Woman quits job to become full-time Pokemon Go player
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh moves HC seeking stay on his arrest
- Goa CM orders enquiry over criminal's ''murder'' in prison
- Flight 370: With search suspended, a cold-case file awaits