Tripura insurgents using Mizoram soil: Minister
Agartala: The outlawed insurgents of the National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) are trying to enter Tripura ahead of next year`s assembly elections through Mizoram, a minister claimed on Saturday.
"The NLFT insurgents are trying to enter Tripura before the elections and the Mizoram government despite knowing everything is not taking any step against them, PWD minister Badal Chowdhury told reporters here.
He claimed that insurgents based in Bangladesh unable to enter Tripura because of barbwire fencing and watch kept at night by tribals in villages but are trying to enter through Mizoram, which has a Congress government.
Chowdhury said, the people in villages neighbouring Mizoram had told him that unknown people were active on the other side.
"Now it is clear that the ultras are using the soil of the neighbouring state and the state government there led by Congress is giving indulgence to them," he alleged.
He referred to the kidnap for ransom of Rs 30 lakh of two timber traders from Tripura kidnapped by NLFT insurgents from Rajibnagar village in Mizoram`s Mamit district on November 25.
"The incident of kidnap also makes clear that the ultras are using Mizoram soil," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere