Tripura man arrested 37 years after he stole Rs 840
Agartala: A man has been arrested in Tripura 37 years after he stole Rs 840, police said here on Saturday.
Abinash Das, 57, alias Sadhu was arrested by officials from the Airport police station near Agartala from his house at Narayanpur in western Tripura on Friday night, a police spokesman said.
Police on Saturday presented the accused before a court, which sent him to 14 days police custody.
Das was absconding for the past 37 years after he had stolen Rs 840 from a neighbour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya for not disclosing assets
- Parliament video: Speaker forms 9-member probe panel, asks Bhagwant Mann not to attend House
- Impressed with Narendra Modi; India is in safe hands under his government - Praises by RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
- ‘Wanted’ duo Salman Khan – Prabhudheva to team up again?
- NASA's Viking mission data to unfold Mars' mystery