Tripura man arrested 37 years after he stole Rs 840
Agartala: A man has been arrested in Tripura 37 years after he stole Rs 840, police said here on Saturday.
Abinash Das, 57, alias Sadhu was arrested by officials from the Airport police station near Agartala from his house at Narayanpur in western Tripura on Friday night, a police spokesman said.
Police on Saturday presented the accused before a court, which sent him to 14 days police custody.
Das was absconding for the past 37 years after he had stolen Rs 840 from a neighbour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened