Tripura man arrested 37 years after he stole Rs 840
Agartala: A man has been arrested in Tripura 37 years after he stole Rs 840, police said here on Saturday.
Abinash Das, 57, alias Sadhu was arrested by officials from the Airport police station near Agartala from his house at Narayanpur in western Tripura on Friday night, a police spokesman said.
Police on Saturday presented the accused before a court, which sent him to 14 days police custody.
Das was absconding for the past 37 years after he had stolen Rs 840 from a neighbour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- MPCA to decide on holding elections in Monday's AGM
- The solar system is home to millions of Jupiter-like planets, reveals NASA!
- Force India move up to fourth after strong finish in Belgium
- If Kashmir issue is not resolved under Modi, it will never be resolved: Mehbooba
- Magical Ravichandran Ashwin hits 200; Lendl Simmons becomes his latest bunny