Tripura militant outfits on revival path, says CM
Bishalgarh (Tripura): Separatist outfits in Tripura, supported by some opposition leaders, are recruiting tribal youths ahead of the assembly polls, Chief Minister Manik Sarkar said on Tuesday.
"The militant outfits are engaging tribal youths to revive their groups and create trouble before the elections. Collecting money from the state, funds are being sent to militant camps in Bangladesh to procure arms and ammunition," Sarkar said at a voluntary blood donation camp.
He said the plans were revealed after the arrest of some militants.
Tripura Police last month arrested five National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) militants, including a woman, and recovered Rs.2.5 million, gadgets and documents from them.
Sarkar also said that some political leaders were misguiding villagers in Bishalgarh, 25 km from here, not to give their land for the extension of a railway line.
"If people do not help the government, how will development take place?" he said.
The Northeast Frontier Railway is laying tracks to extend the rail network to Tripura`s border town Sabroom for access to the Chittagong port in Bangladesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi