Tripura minister bitten by snake
Agartala: Tripura Tribal Welfare and Agriculture Minister Aghore Debbarma has been bitten by a snake, an official said on Tuesday.
"A snake bit Debbarma, 62, at his official residence Monday. Doctors reached the minister`s house. He is now under treatment," an official told reporters.
The veteran tribal leader, also a member of the Communist Party of India-Marxist central committee, could not attend the golden jubilee special session of the Tripura Assembly on Monday due to the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH