Tripura minister bitten by snake
Agartala: Tripura Tribal Welfare and Agriculture Minister Aghore Debbarma has been bitten by a snake, an official said on Tuesday.
"A snake bit Debbarma, 62, at his official residence Monday. Doctors reached the minister`s house. He is now under treatment," an official told reporters.
The veteran tribal leader, also a member of the Communist Party of India-Marxist central committee, could not attend the golden jubilee special session of the Tripura Assembly on Monday due to the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town