Tripura not to oppose CBI inquiry in Saha case
Agartala: Tripura Chief Minister Manik
Sarkar on Monday said the state government would not oppose a CBI
inquiry into the murder of Papai Saha here on July 11 last
Sarkar, who also holds charge of the Home department in
reply to a question asked by Leader of the opposition Ratan
Lal Nath said, "The matter (murder of Saha) is being
investigated by CID who have also filed chargesheet in a
"If there is no legal problem then we have no objection to
refer the matter (Saha murder case) to the CBI for further
investigation," the chief minister said.
Papai Saha was killed by a bullet on July 11 when
Congress workers fought a pitch battle with the police.
The Congress had claimed that Saha was killed by a unruly
jawan of Tripura State Rifles (TSR).
The CID chargesheet, however, found one local youth was
involved in the murder of Saha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police