Tripura not to oppose CBI inquiry in Saha case
Agartala: Tripura Chief Minister Manik
Sarkar on Monday said the state government would not oppose a CBI
inquiry into the murder of Papai Saha here on July 11 last
Sarkar, who also holds charge of the Home department in
reply to a question asked by Leader of the opposition Ratan
Lal Nath said, "The matter (murder of Saha) is being
investigated by CID who have also filed chargesheet in a
"If there is no legal problem then we have no objection to
refer the matter (Saha murder case) to the CBI for further
investigation," the chief minister said.
Papai Saha was killed by a bullet on July 11 when
Congress workers fought a pitch battle with the police.
The Congress had claimed that Saha was killed by a unruly
jawan of Tripura State Rifles (TSR).
The CID chargesheet, however, found one local youth was
involved in the murder of Saha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport