Tripura not to oppose CBI inquiry in Saha case
Agartala: Tripura Chief Minister Manik
Sarkar on Monday said the state government would not oppose a CBI
inquiry into the murder of Papai Saha here on July 11 last
Sarkar, who also holds charge of the Home department in
reply to a question asked by Leader of the opposition Ratan
Lal Nath said, "The matter (murder of Saha) is being
investigated by CID who have also filed chargesheet in a
"If there is no legal problem then we have no objection to
refer the matter (Saha murder case) to the CBI for further
investigation," the chief minister said.
Papai Saha was killed by a bullet on July 11 when
Congress workers fought a pitch battle with the police.
The Congress had claimed that Saha was killed by a unruly
jawan of Tripura State Rifles (TSR).
The CID chargesheet, however, found one local youth was
involved in the murder of Saha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- View from space: Bahamas reef looks like a watercolor painting!
- Madame Tussauds to unveil PM Narendra Modi's wax statue in London today
- WATCH: Hilarious! Chris Gayle performs on 'Champion' song; asks fans to contact him for bookings
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: SC to hear plea next week on FIR against 'bribe-takers'
- Wow! KFC India to replace plastic packaging with edible bowls!