Tripura not to oppose CBI inquiry in Saha case
Agartala: Tripura Chief Minister Manik
Sarkar on Monday said the state government would not oppose a CBI
inquiry into the murder of Papai Saha here on July 11 last
Sarkar, who also holds charge of the Home department in
reply to a question asked by Leader of the opposition Ratan
Lal Nath said, "The matter (murder of Saha) is being
investigated by CID who have also filed chargesheet in a
"If there is no legal problem then we have no objection to
refer the matter (Saha murder case) to the CBI for further
investigation," the chief minister said.
Papai Saha was killed by a bullet on July 11 when
Congress workers fought a pitch battle with the police.
The Congress had claimed that Saha was killed by a unruly
jawan of Tripura State Rifles (TSR).
The CID chargesheet, however, found one local youth was
involved in the murder of Saha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report