Tripura official beheads son-in-law
Agartala: A Tripura government official beheaded his Christian son-in-law after he refused to embrace Hinduism, police said on Thursday.
"Gobinda Jamatia, 55, beheaded his son-in-law Tapas Bin with the help of Krishnapada Jamatia Saturday night. They threw the body into a rivulet at Teliamura in western Tripura," Chandan Saha, a senior police official here, told a news agency.
Police arrested Krishnapada, 42, Wednesday night. However, Gobinda, who is employed with the science and technology department of the state government, remains absconding.
Krishnapada, who allegedly practises sorcery, confessed to the crime and gave a detailed account of the brutal killing, the police official said.
"According to the preliminary investigation, Gobinda killed Tapas with the help of Krishnapada after Tapas refused to convert to Hinduism from Christianity," Saha said.
Tapas, 35, used to give private tutions to Gobinda`s daughter Jentuly and married her about three years ago. The couple has a one-year-old son.
"My father did not recognise our marriage and had been pushing Tapas to convert to Hinduism, which he refused. My father might kill me and my son too," Jentuly told the police.
Before beheading Tapas, Gobinda and Krishnapada conducted a `puja` as per a traditional ritual, police said.
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district