Tripura official in police custody for killing son
Agartala: A Tripura government official, who was arrested on the charge of murdering his son-in-law, was sent to 10 days` police custody by a local court.
The police on Sunday said an employee of the state Science and Technology department, Gobinda Jamatiya (51), was arrested from Duski, a remote village in Teliamura subdivision of Khowai district.
He was produced before the sub-divisional Judicial Magistrate`s court of Teliamura yesterday which remanded him to ten days police custody.
Jamatiya confessed to police that he murdered his son-in-law, Tapas Bin, a Christian with the help of a tribal priest who practiced witchcraft, on May 23 last as he did not agree to be converted to a Hindu.
Three persons were arrested earlier in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal