Tripura official in police custody for killing son
Agartala: A Tripura government official, who was arrested on the charge of murdering his son-in-law, was sent to 10 days` police custody by a local court.
The police on Sunday said an employee of the state Science and Technology department, Gobinda Jamatiya (51), was arrested from Duski, a remote village in Teliamura subdivision of Khowai district.
He was produced before the sub-divisional Judicial Magistrate`s court of Teliamura yesterday which remanded him to ten days police custody.
Jamatiya confessed to police that he murdered his son-in-law, Tapas Bin, a Christian with the help of a tribal priest who practiced witchcraft, on May 23 last as he did not agree to be converted to a Hindu.
Three persons were arrested earlier in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family