Tripura PCC general secretary resigns
Kailashahar (Tripura): Tripura PCC General Secretary Debasish Sen has resigned from the primary membership of the party today expressing lack of confidence in the present leadership.
"The present Congress leadership has failed to fulfil the aspirations of the grass root workers of the party and failed to launch any effective movement against the Left Front government in Tripura. So, I decided to resign from the primary membership of Congress," he told a press conference.
Sen said he had already dispatched his resignation letter to TPCC President, Diba Chandra Hrankhawl and Congress President, Sonia Gandhi.
Without naming any leader of the party, Sen said a group in the party`s leadership with vested interest was busy making money by misappropriating the party funds.
"I am working as an activist of the party for the last 41 years but I had no other option than resign from it. I am, however, not joining any political party," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Working birthday for Arjun Kapoor, says Chetan Bhagat
- J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti says she 'felt ashamed as a Muslim', stirs controversy — Read details
- With 31% jump, HDFC's Aditya Puri top gainer in salary hike among private bank chiefs
- Team India to attend preparatory camp under new coach Anil Kumble!
- Like seriously! Marijuana is legal in these 8 countries