Tripura poll victory shows people`s confidence in Left: CPI-M
New Delhi: The CPI(M) on Wednesday said the victory
of the Left Front in the Tripura civic elections was a
confirmation of the confidence shown by the people there.
"This decisive victory is confirmation of the confidence
that the people of Tripura repose in the CPI(M) and the Left
Front," the party Politburo said in a statement here.
The Front won a majority in 13 of the 15 nagar panchayats
and retained the Agartala Municipal Council by winning 28 of
the 35 seats. The CPI(M)-led Front also won 81 per cent of the
seats in the municipal council and the nagar panchayats.
The Politburo also conveyed its greetings to the party`s
and the Front`s state units in Tripura for sweeping the
recently concluded elections.
Two nagar panchayats at Sabroom and Ambassa in Dhalai
district were wrested by the opposition Congress from the Left
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement