Tripura ranks second for model accounting in Panchayat Raj
Agartala: Tripura has secured second position
in the country after Orissa for introducing model accounting
system in Panchayat Raj system and village committees in
Tripura Tribal Areas Autonomous District Council (TTADC),
official sources said on Saturday.
Tripura Panchayat Minister Manik Dey said Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh would award a certificate and a cheque of Rs 30
lakh at a function in Vigyan Bhavan of New Delhi on the
occasion of the Panchayat Raj Day tomorrow.
Joint Resident Commissioner of Tripura R K Vaish in Delhi
would receive the award.
He said the accounting system in Panchayat Raj and Village
Committees were brought under CAG for auditing and a special
software known as Panchayat Raj Institution Accounting or
commonly known as PRIA soft was introduced following the
advice of the central government.
Entire Panchayat Raj System is being computerised in the
state, he aded.
Dey said, Tripura government had introduced secret ballots
in 1978 for panchayat elections and introduced three
tier-panchayat system in 1993 to ensure decentralization of
power and democratic system.
The TTAADC was formed in Tripura in 1987 under sixth
schedule to safeguard the economic, political and cultural
interest of the tribals in the state, which forms one third of
the state population. The TTAADC constitutes two third of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?