Tripura registers improvement in literacy rate
Agartala: Literacy rate in Tripura has risen to 87.22 percent from the previous 73.3 percent, ranking the state fourth in the country, according to the preliminary census report of 2011.
The state`s population also rose to 36,73,917 from 31,99,203, the census report said.
This population increase marked a 14.8 per cent rise than the previous decade, the report said.
Of the total population, tribals constitute 31.8 per cent and Scheduled Caste constitute 17.8 percent.
The female-male ratio has increased from 948 to 960 per one thousand in Tripura, the report said.
Against the national male-female ratio of 1000:943, in Tripura it is 960, according to the report which was published here yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India