Tripura secures top position in UIDAI programme
Agartala: Tripura secured top position in the country in implementing AADHAR project under the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) programme, a top official said on Wednesday.
"Ninety percent of the state`s population has been covered under the project when the national average stands at 16 percent. This is a splendid achievement", said, RS Sharma, director general of UIDAI.
Sharma, who visited different parts of the state along with the deputy director general of UIADAI, Kumar Alok yesterday, also met Chief Minister Manik Sarkar and Chief Secretary SK Panda.
He said Sikkim enrolled 70 percent while Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra secured 40 and 20 per cent enrolment respectively.
Sharma said, the state was sanctioned Rs 50 per enrolment and added while most of the printed cards have reached the people, 11 lakh cards would be dispatched soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price