Tripura secures top position in UIDAI programme
Agartala: Tripura secured top position in the country in implementing AADHAR project under the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) programme, a top official said on Wednesday.
"Ninety percent of the state`s population has been covered under the project when the national average stands at 16 percent. This is a splendid achievement", said, RS Sharma, director general of UIDAI.
Sharma, who visited different parts of the state along with the deputy director general of UIADAI, Kumar Alok yesterday, also met Chief Minister Manik Sarkar and Chief Secretary SK Panda.
He said Sikkim enrolled 70 percent while Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra secured 40 and 20 per cent enrolment respectively.
Sharma said, the state was sanctioned Rs 50 per enrolment and added while most of the printed cards have reached the people, 11 lakh cards would be dispatched soon.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary