Tripura secures top position in UIDAI programme
Agartala: Tripura secured top position in the country in implementing AADHAR project under the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) programme, a top official said on Wednesday.
"Ninety percent of the state`s population has been covered under the project when the national average stands at 16 percent. This is a splendid achievement", said, RS Sharma, director general of UIDAI.
Sharma, who visited different parts of the state along with the deputy director general of UIADAI, Kumar Alok yesterday, also met Chief Minister Manik Sarkar and Chief Secretary SK Panda.
He said Sikkim enrolled 70 percent while Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra secured 40 and 20 per cent enrolment respectively.
Sharma said, the state was sanctioned Rs 50 per enrolment and added while most of the printed cards have reached the people, 11 lakh cards would be dispatched soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH