Tripura strike peaceful
Agartala: The dawn-to-dusk general strike in Tripura called by Youth Congress and NSUI in protest against `irregularities` in the results published by Tripura Board of Joint Entrance Examination (TBJEE) passed off peacefully barring a few minor incidents.
IG, Police Control, Nepal Das said, four Congress supporters were injured in a clash with ruling CPI(M) workers when they were picketing at Kakrabon area of Gomati district.
"They were hospitalised, but their condition was not critical," he added.
Das said the supporters of the strike and the CPI-M also clashed in Belonia in South Tripura district and Jirania in West Tripura district, but no one was injured.
Normal life was paralysed in the state in response to the strike. Vehicles remained off the roads, markets remained closed and train service was stopped due to picketing by the strike enforcers.
Schools and colleges, banks and financial institutions were closed and attendance in government offices, including the state Civil secretariat here were thin, official sources said.
However, flights operated in the Agartala airport normally, airport sources said.
The Agartala bench of Gawhati High Court had on Tuesday seized all the answer sheets of JEE following complaints of discrepancies in the result sheets.
High Court Judge Subhasish Talapatra ordered the Deputy Registrar of the court and police to seize all answer sheets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack