Tripura strike peaceful
Agartala: The dawn-to-dusk general strike in Tripura called by Youth Congress and NSUI in protest against `irregularities` in the results published by Tripura Board of Joint Entrance Examination (TBJEE) passed off peacefully barring a few minor incidents.
IG, Police Control, Nepal Das said, four Congress supporters were injured in a clash with ruling CPI(M) workers when they were picketing at Kakrabon area of Gomati district.
"They were hospitalised, but their condition was not critical," he added.
Das said the supporters of the strike and the CPI-M also clashed in Belonia in South Tripura district and Jirania in West Tripura district, but no one was injured.
Normal life was paralysed in the state in response to the strike. Vehicles remained off the roads, markets remained closed and train service was stopped due to picketing by the strike enforcers.
Schools and colleges, banks and financial institutions were closed and attendance in government offices, including the state Civil secretariat here were thin, official sources said.
However, flights operated in the Agartala airport normally, airport sources said.
The Agartala bench of Gawhati High Court had on Tuesday seized all the answer sheets of JEE following complaints of discrepancies in the result sheets.
High Court Judge Subhasish Talapatra ordered the Deputy Registrar of the court and police to seize all answer sheets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?