Tripura: Three NLFT insurgents arrested
Agartala: Three insurgents of banned National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) have been nabbed by Assam Rifles troopers from Gobindabari, a remote tribal hamlet in Dhalai district, the police said on Saturday.
Acting on a tip-off, Assam Rifles troopers carried out a
search operation in the area yesterday and apprehended three
NLFT ultras from a tong-ghar (tree-top house) and recovered
eight live cartridges of INSAS rifle.
The ultras were identified as Saranjoy Reang (19), Puspa
Kumar Jamatiya (29) and Rahumjoy Tripura (22).
Assam Rifles handed them over to Chhamanu police station
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users