Tripura to have IIIT in Bodhjungnagar
Agartala: Tripura will set up an Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) in Bodhjungnagar, one of northeastern region`s biggest industrial zones, a state official said on Tuesday.
"State-owned ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation), NEEPCO (Northeastern Electric Power Corporation) and six private industrial houses from West Bengal have expressed willingness to be a partner of the Tripura IIIT," Tripura`s Higher Education Department Secretary Kishore Ambuly told reporters here.
He said the state government had identified a piece of land for the proposed institute in Bodhjungnagar, some 25 km from state capital Agartala.
Besides Tripura, the union government has given its nod to set up IIITs in Assam and Rajasthan.
"The Ministry of Human Resource Development has planned to establish 20 IIITs on a not-for-profit public-private partnership (N-PPP) basis," he said.
The funding will be borne by the Central government 50 percent, state government 35 percent, and industry/private partnership 15 percent.
"In the northeastern states, industry participation for capital expenditure would be kept at 7.5 percent instead of 15 percent. The central government participation will be at 57.50 percent (instead of 50 percent) while state governments` at 35 percent," Ambuly said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere