Tripura university VC`s wife found hanging
Agartala: The wife of vice-chancellor of Tripura University was found hanging at their residence in Shibnagar here, police said Thursday.
Manjari Chowdhury, also the Dean of Humanities department of the university, committed suicide last evening, they said.
A suicide note was recovered from the house stating that Chowdhury was suffering from diseases like kidney problems and other diseases and was not in a position to bear pain any more.
One of their sons was missing for long, while another was based in the US, police said.
VC Arunoday Saha`s wife had earlier also tried to immolate herself, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video