Tripura woman village head, neighbour abducted
Agartala: A woman village head and her neighbour were abducted today by insurgents of the banned National Liberation Front of Tripura from Chakmapara in Dhalai district, police sources said.
A group of about eight armed insurgents raided the house of Chakmapara Village Council Chairperson, 27-year-old Bakrung Reang, early in the morning and kidnapped her at gun-point.
They also forcibly took her 40-year-old neighbour Devendra Tripura from the remote tribal hamlet bordering the Chittagong Hill Tracts of neighbouring Bangladesh.
The Superintendent of Police has reached the spot and a search has begun. CPI-M Secretary Bijan Dhar said the two were party members and the insurgents were trying to destroy peace and tranquility in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi