Tripura woman village head, neighbour abducted
Agartala: A woman village head and her neighbour were abducted today by insurgents of the banned National Liberation Front of Tripura from Chakmapara in Dhalai district, police sources said.
A group of about eight armed insurgents raided the house of Chakmapara Village Council Chairperson, 27-year-old Bakrung Reang, early in the morning and kidnapped her at gun-point.
They also forcibly took her 40-year-old neighbour Devendra Tripura from the remote tribal hamlet bordering the Chittagong Hill Tracts of neighbouring Bangladesh.
The Superintendent of Police has reached the spot and a search has begun. CPI-M Secretary Bijan Dhar said the two were party members and the insurgents were trying to destroy peace and tranquility in the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive