Tripura`s special package for Muslims
Agartala: Months ahead of assembly polls, Tripura`s Left Front government on Wednesday announced a package for Muslims for their all-round development.
The elections are due in February next year.
Chief Minister Manik Sarkar told reporters here: "On the basis of a government study on Muslims, the package was formulated and will be implemented in a phase manner."
This, he said, was aimed at improving infrastructure in Muslim concentrated villages and areas.
"Under the package, health, education, drinking water, roads, electricity and irrigation besides other infrastructure would be developed in 151 villages or habitats across Tripura," Sarka added.
Also under the package, finalised in Tuesday`s cabinet meeting, livelihood scope will also be provided to those unemployed Muslim youths.
According to the 2001 census, Muslims comprise eight percent of Tripura`s 3.7 million population.
The CM said the Left Front government had earlier announced special package for tribals, Dalits and other backward class communities.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference