Tripura`s special package for Muslims
Agartala: Months ahead of assembly polls, Tripura`s Left Front government on Wednesday announced a package for Muslims for their all-round development.
The elections are due in February next year.
Chief Minister Manik Sarkar told reporters here: "On the basis of a government study on Muslims, the package was formulated and will be implemented in a phase manner."
This, he said, was aimed at improving infrastructure in Muslim concentrated villages and areas.
"Under the package, health, education, drinking water, roads, electricity and irrigation besides other infrastructure would be developed in 151 villages or habitats across Tripura," Sarka added.
Also under the package, finalised in Tuesday`s cabinet meeting, livelihood scope will also be provided to those unemployed Muslim youths.
According to the 2001 census, Muslims comprise eight percent of Tripura`s 3.7 million population.
The CM said the Left Front government had earlier announced special package for tribals, Dalits and other backward class communities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?