TSR man kidnaps policeman, later takes own life
Agartala: A Tripura State Rifles man kidnapped a police sub-inspector and his driver Thursday night from Colonel Chaumuhani here, injured another TSR man and later took his own life, police sources said.
The sub-inspector Debasish Saha and three TSR personnel were checking vehicles at around 8:30 pm last night when a TSR man, Thakurdas Pal, fired two rounds near his feet and forced him to board a jeep and ordered the driver to drive to Khowai district, IG (Police Control), Nepal Das said.
Wireless messages were sent by the TSR after the kidnap and attempts were made to stop the police jeep at three places with barricades set up, Das said.
The jeep could not be stopped, however, and Pal fired two rounds and injured a TSR man in Padmabil area in Khowai district, about 40 km from here, when he tried to stop it, the IG said.
The jeep ran out of fuel at Shantinagar, about 45 km from here at which Pal got off and shot one of the wheels and fled into a jungle, he said.
Pal`s bullet-ridden body was recovered this morning and it was presumed that he took his own life, the IG said. Pal was from Haryana.
The TSR man who was shot and injured by Pal last night, was admitted to the G B Pant Hospital here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors