TSR man kidnaps policeman, later takes own life
Agartala: A Tripura State Rifles man kidnapped a police sub-inspector and his driver Thursday night from Colonel Chaumuhani here, injured another TSR man and later took his own life, police sources said.
The sub-inspector Debasish Saha and three TSR personnel were checking vehicles at around 8:30 pm last night when a TSR man, Thakurdas Pal, fired two rounds near his feet and forced him to board a jeep and ordered the driver to drive to Khowai district, IG (Police Control), Nepal Das said.
Wireless messages were sent by the TSR after the kidnap and attempts were made to stop the police jeep at three places with barricades set up, Das said.
The jeep could not be stopped, however, and Pal fired two rounds and injured a TSR man in Padmabil area in Khowai district, about 40 km from here, when he tried to stop it, the IG said.
The jeep ran out of fuel at Shantinagar, about 45 km from here at which Pal got off and shot one of the wheels and fled into a jungle, he said.
Pal`s bullet-ridden body was recovered this morning and it was presumed that he took his own life, the IG said. Pal was from Haryana.
The TSR man who was shot and injured by Pal last night, was admitted to the G B Pant Hospital here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Angry African diplomats seek answers from Indian govt over attacks and harassment
- 7th pay commission: Secretaries group to submit report on revised pay structures by June end
- Jose Mourinho: Former Chelsea boss is all set to become Mancheser United's new manager
- Sensex zooms 391 points to hit 1-week high
- Inclusion of Pakistani players will raise importance, status of Indian Premier League: Zaheer Abbas