Tuki for planned dev in hydro power sector
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki has stressed on planned investment in the hydro power sector and insisted on good access and connectivity to facilitate the aim of making the state a ?powerhouse? of the country.
Tuki, who called on Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) Oscar Fernandez in New Delhi yesterday, highlighted the need to give special dispensation to the areas where hydro power projects are coming up, official sources said here today.
The chief minister also appealed Fernandez to expedite the sanction of important road projects in the state.
The union minister assured the chief minister that he would examine and take necessary steps in this regard.
Senior MoRTH officials, present in the meeting, apprised the chief minister that NH 52 (A)Itanagar Banderdewa Road proposal was in the process of being sanctioned.
They also discussed the status of other ongoing projects like the Trans Arunachal Highway and others roads, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state