Tuki greets people on the occasion of Dree
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Wednesday extended warm greetings to the people of the state particularly the Apatani community on the auspicious occasion of Dree.
"May the warmth and splendour, that are a part of this auspicious occasion, fill your life with happiness prosperity for the whole year and also in the years to come. May the festival fill the atmosphere with the spirit of mirth and love," Tuki conveyed in a message.
"The celebration of the festival carries forward the tribe`s vibrant and rich culture and tradition and helps us preserve it and pass on to the younger generation. As a matter of fact, festivals are the mirrors of the people`s culture," the message further added.
Dree, is an Agriculture based festival of Apatani Tribe celebrated for thanking the Gods for their providence and for saying a prayer for a bumper crop.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed