Tuki greets people on the occasion of Dree
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Wednesday extended warm greetings to the people of the state particularly the Apatani community on the auspicious occasion of Dree.
"May the warmth and splendour, that are a part of this auspicious occasion, fill your life with happiness prosperity for the whole year and also in the years to come. May the festival fill the atmosphere with the spirit of mirth and love," Tuki conveyed in a message.
"The celebration of the festival carries forward the tribe`s vibrant and rich culture and tradition and helps us preserve it and pass on to the younger generation. As a matter of fact, festivals are the mirrors of the people`s culture," the message further added.
Dree, is an Agriculture based festival of Apatani Tribe celebrated for thanking the Gods for their providence and for saying a prayer for a bumper crop.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why