Tuki greets people on the occasion of Dree
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Wednesday extended warm greetings to the people of the state particularly the Apatani community on the auspicious occasion of Dree.
"May the warmth and splendour, that are a part of this auspicious occasion, fill your life with happiness prosperity for the whole year and also in the years to come. May the festival fill the atmosphere with the spirit of mirth and love," Tuki conveyed in a message.
"The celebration of the festival carries forward the tribe`s vibrant and rich culture and tradition and helps us preserve it and pass on to the younger generation. As a matter of fact, festivals are the mirrors of the people`s culture," the message further added.
Dree, is an Agriculture based festival of Apatani Tribe celebrated for thanking the Gods for their providence and for saying a prayer for a bumper crop.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM