Tuki requests Shettar to provide security to people of NE
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki today requested his Karnataka counterpart Jagadish Shettar to provide security to the people of the Northeast following reports that they were fleeing Bangalore fearing attacks on them.
Tuki today spoke to Shettar over telephone, who informed that there was "no incident of attack and the exodus was a result of baseless rumours." However, he assured to take all precautionary measures to control the situation, official sources here informed.
Tuki had yesterday spoken to Intelligence Bureau director N Sandhu and joint secretary (NE) in the Union Home Ministry, who informed him that the ministry has given specific directions to all CMs and DGPs to take all steps to prevent any untoward situation.
Meanwhile, in the backdrop of exodus of people belonging to Northeast from Karnataka, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde today warned of strict action against those who spread rumours.
"If rumours are spread, strict action will be taken against those who indulge in such activities," he told reporters outside Parliament House in New Delhi.
The MPs of Northeastern region are scheduled to call on UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to seek end to situation creating panic among the NE people in various parts of the country, particularly Bangalore, according to Arunachal Pradesh MP Ninong Ering.
Another state MP Takam Sanjoy informed that all NE MPs have already given in writing to Shinde demanding security for the people of NE throughout the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video