Tuki stresses for by-pass road in Arunachal
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki has underlined the need for having a by-pass road for the capital city of Itanagar and Naharlagun, besides widening of the existing national highway (NH52 A) to ease traffic congestion in this bordering state.
Speaking at the Review Meet on National Highways and other centrally sponsored road projects in the North East at Guwahati on Friday, Tuki urged Union Minister for Road, Transport and Highways Oscar Fernandes to consider four lanes of the NH52 A from Chimpu to Banderdewa including the proposed by-pass sections at Itanagar and Naharlagun.
He said that the state government has decided to develop the by-pass sections of NH-52A at Itanagar and Naharlagun towns to four lane to ease traffic congestion.
Appreciating the concern of the Centre for development of road connectivity in the region, Tuki, however, regretted that several projects were being delayed for want of environment and forest clearances.
He requested the ministry to take up the issue with the ministry of environment and forest so that clearances were granted on time. “Due to delay in grant of environment and forest clearances, our people are being deprived of road connectivity in several parts of the state” he said.
The chief minister also called for a road connecting all the foothill areas of the state mostly bordering Assam. He pointed out that the under-construction Trans-Arunachal Highway will connect almost all the district headquarters of the state internally.
However, the foothill areas, which are mostly backward, will not be connected by it and hence an alternate road connecting all the foothill areas internally was needed, he said.
Tuki also stressed that maintenance of these roads was of utmost importance and suggested that sufficient funds be allotted for it.
Referring to the ambitious project of the Centre the East-West Corridor, Tuki said the project would be incomplete without touching Arunachal Pradesh. Incidentally, the East West Corridor reaches only upto Silchar in Assam. He appealed to the minister to reconsider the project and include Arunachal Pradesh in its ambit.
The chief minister also stressed on improvement of the Khonsa-Hukanjuri (35 km) road, which has been declared as a National Highway and maintenance of Itanagar-Banderdewa stretch of road on urgent basis, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27