Tuki toured 17 constituencies in four months
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki has conducted tour to 17 constituencies out of 60 of the state, covering 12 of the 17 districts in a span of four months after taking the reins of the state on
November 1 last year.
Tuki said while replying to a question by Trinamool Congress MLA Laeta Umbrey yesterday seeking details of expenditure incurred from such tour by the state exchequer.
Tuki said an amount of 58 lakh was spent during the tour including the charges of helicopter, travelling and fuel expenses.
"My visit to various constituencies was aimed at meeting people, know ground realities and the hardship faced by them in remote places, including border areas of this vast land-locked state was the intention behind the extensive tours," the chief minister said.
The tours were at the official invitation of elected leaders and people of the areas, including inauguration of completed projects, Tuki said.
"I have not announced any special economic package at any place I had visited. To announce the same, the state has to have a sound financial position. I know it very well, if at all I had made any wrong commitment, it will affect my government as well as my political career," he said while
responding to a supplementary from Umbrey.
Announcements were also based on critical issues to meet people`s aspirations on infrastructure, road links, essential office and school buildings found in dilapidated conditions and even without teachers, he reasoned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi