Tuki urges banks to help rural people
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief
Minister Nabam Tuki on Thursady urged the banks operating in the
state to help achieve self-sufficiency among the rural people.
Speaking at a meeting with representatives of public
as well as private-sector banks, Tuki said the aim of all
banking institutions operating in the state should be
"Banks can play a major role in boosting rural economy
by facilitating to set up industries in fields like tourism,
horticulture, agriculture, fisheries, handlooms and
handicrafts," sources said.
"He also assured to have regular meetings with banking
professionals to enhance the credit-deposit ratio in the state
and provide banking services to the rural people, sources
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Photo alert! Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor spotted on the streets of London
- 'Meri Pyaari Bindu' shoot diaries: Check out Parineeti Chopra-Ayushmann Khurrana's joyride!
- Radhika Apte’s ‘Phobia’ will break stereotype of Indian horror films
- RoBoHon -World's first robot smartphone goes on sale in Japan (Watch video)!
- Shocking! Hollywood couple Johnny Depp, Amber Heard to end their marriage