Tuki urges banks to help rural people
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief
Minister Nabam Tuki on Thursady urged the banks operating in the
state to help achieve self-sufficiency among the rural people.
Speaking at a meeting with representatives of public
as well as private-sector banks, Tuki said the aim of all
banking institutions operating in the state should be
"Banks can play a major role in boosting rural economy
by facilitating to set up industries in fields like tourism,
horticulture, agriculture, fisheries, handlooms and
handicrafts," sources said.
"He also assured to have regular meetings with banking
professionals to enhance the credit-deposit ratio in the state
and provide banking services to the rural people, sources
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?